Compare and contrast the roles of the NP, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator in advanced practice nursing pertaining to clinical practice, primary care, education, administration, and research.
- Selected Advanced Practice Role:
- Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state in which you plan to practice.
- Describe the professional organizations available for membership based on your selected role.
- Identify required competencies, including certification requirements for your selected role.
- Predict the organization and setting, population, and colleagues with whom you plan to work.
Leadership Attributes of the Advanced Practice Role:
Determine your leadership style
Identify leadership attributes you currently possess and attributes you may need to develop.
Determine how to attain and evaluate those missing attributes.
Health Policy and the Advanced Practice Role
Visit the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and identify a health policy issue. Conduct a review of the literature and address the following:
Describe the current policy and what needs to change; justify your conclusions with citations from the literature.
Provide the process required to make the change with key players and parties of interest. Explain how you could lead the effort to make or influence the change in policy.